Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo Review



I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but if I don't have any products in my hair, you'd probably mistaken my head for a big ball of fuzz. My hair is naturally wavy. Unfortunately, it's not the natural waves that you see on those sexy surfer babes in a magazine. It's more of an "I-electrocuted-myself-and-it-shows-only-on-my-head" type of waves. Not so sexy.

It's really hard for me to find the right combination of shampoo, conditioner, and products to actually get my hair down to a tamed level. It's tiresome and not to mention, expensive. I've used everything from the most expensive to the even more expensive and each one has proven to disappoint in their claim to straighten and de-frizz. It's just so darn frustrating!

I've really given up on trying to find THE right product and just stick to the routinely shampoo, conditioner, and a pound of whatever product works that day. With that said, I had just recently run out of shampoo and had to make a run to my local Target to pick up a new bottle. I went in with no mission to find a specific product but to pick one up that looked appealing to me. I'm not fortunate enough to have found the right shampoo like most, so I don't go in the store knowing which shampoo and conditioner I'll buying. I stroll down the aisle quickly skimming labels and looking at price tags....and VIOLA!...My eyes land on this simple looking bottle. In my experience, the simpler the packaging, the better the product AND price.

I look over the label and see what it's all about. The first thing that appealed to me was the fact that it was both a shampoo and conditioner in one. Great! I don't have to buy two separate products. The next aspect was what really got me to buy it. This specific Garnier Fructis product is 92% biodegradable. It contains no silicone, no paraben, and no dye. I was sold. I am big on being environmentally friendly so this really fit well into my lifestyle.

I take it home and forgot about it until I hopped in the shower that evening. A tinge of excitement fluttered in my stomach because this is a completely new product that offered all the promises a girl wants to hear. Maybe it's just me, but I always get excited to try new things. It's almost like there's an endless supply of hope. As I squeeze a dollop into the palm of my hands and start massaging it into my hair, I noticed that it did what a lot of other shampoos didn't do: it formed an AMAZING lather. The smell was fresh and not overwhelming so it made the experience that much better. I finish up, let my hair air dry, and wait for results.

As my hair starts to dry to just about damp, I did noticed that my hair didn't frizz up as much as it would have with other shampoos and conditioners that I've used. It's not to say that I didn't have any frizz at all, but it was definitely a noticeable difference. I was actually quite delighted and impressed.

When my hair dried completely, it didn't feel weighed down nor was it a poof ball. I'd never believed that a shampoo can actually do what it says it's supposed to do. This one did. I've come to the conclusion that it's because it doesn't contain some of the ingredients that may cause harm to hair like most other shampoo/conditioners do. I should have known. The more natural it is, the better. The best part was, I didn't even have to use extra products to tame my hair!



All in all, I've had a great experience with this particular shampoo. I never get to say that about any hair products I've used in the past. I'll be sticking to this one for a while. Hopefully my hair will decide that this one's the one.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...