Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sunsational Sunflower Milk Review

Dairy free milk is a must in my household. Not because anyone is lactose intolerant or allergic, but because we have chosen to be a little more conscious about what kinds we should and shouldn't consume. I have always opted for almond milk, which in my opinion, is much more delicious and just as versatile as regular milk. Lately, I've been on the hunt for alternatives to non-dairy beverages. That's when I came across Sunsational.


I was curious as to what Sunsational was about and what benefits it had to offer, so I looked into it a little more and found that Sunsational is made from lightly toasted sunflower kernels. At this point, I think my mind was completely blown. I've always heard that sunflower seeds and sunflower oil offer really good health benefits, so I was sure that this sunflower milk would be just as good. When I got the package to try out Sunsational, there came a handy little sheet with it that listed all of the great benefits that it offers. Here is just a gist of what to expect when you try out Sunsational:

-High in fiber
-High in antioxidants
-Low calorie
-Gluten free
-Soy free
-Tree nut free
-Dairy free

When I finally tasted it, I wasn't sure about how I should feel about it. It really tasted like sunflower seeds, only in a liquid form (after all, it is made from sunflower kernels). It's not that I didn't like it, it was merely more of acquiring a taste for it. I have a palate that is open to trying new things and I honestly, truly enjoyed it. It comes in two different flavors--original and vanilla--I tried the vanilla first. It is very light to the taste, and had a pleasant toasty after taste you'd get from eating sunflower seeds. I didn't give it time to sit in the refrigerator long enough for it to be chilled, so I let it sit again overnight and tried it the next morning. Sunsational definitely tastes better chilled. Unlike regular milk, it is not heavy so it makes for a wonderful breakfast drink and a great way to end a workout. What I love about this is that it can also be used in place of regular milk in your everyday recipes. For example, the carton offers a pancake/waffle recipe that calls for  this sunflower milk. It is a healthier and lighter alternative to using whole milk and will give your recipes a deep, toasty flavor.  For other recipes using Sunsational, you can visit their website here: Sunsational Recipes



On top of the benefits listed above, here are a few more that might just convince you to switch to from whole milk to sunflower milk. Here is what their site mentions:

"...our sunflower beverage is a great source of vitamin A, good source of fiber and folate, possesses omega 6 & 9s and contains numerous minerals and amino acids."

Some people might be a little put off by its off white tinge, but it's this darker color that assures you that all of the good-for-you ingredients are still in tact. I'll be completely honest and say that I wasn't sure what to think of the its taste, but as I started drinking it more, the light and toasty flavor really started to stand out and appeal to me more. If you're anything like me and will always give new flavors a chance, you'll love Sunsational. Even if you do not like drinking straight up, you always have the option to use it in your recipes. It's an amazing alternative to whole milk and will offer you and your family all of the health benefits that a health-conscious person is looking for.

So go ahead and give it a try! Head on over to their website to check out the full description of the benefits of Sunsational as well as their recipes! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...