Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tip Of The Day: Olive Oil Hair Treatment

I might be a little late on this, but I just found that putting extra virgin olive oil in your hair prior to shampooing your hair does wonders to it! It works as an oil treatment and leaves your hair soft and shiny. This worked out for me wonderfully because I only use olive oil to cook so we always have some on hand. LOVE IT!

Photo Cred: organicxbenefits


If you'd like to try this out for yourself, simply pour a dime-sized amount onto the palm of your hands and rub between palms to warm it up. Run your fingers through your hair and spread the oil out evenly from roots to ends. I focused more on my ends because it's dry and prone to split ends. Using a hair clip, pull your hair up into a bun and let the oil settle in for 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes is up, hop in the shower and shampoo your hair as you normally would. Be extra attentive in shampooing the oil out thoroughly as this will defeat the purpose of leaving your hair soft and shiny after the treatment.

And you're done! If you do try this treatment out, tell me how it worked out for you! I'd love to hear about your experience!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...