Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Belleme Make-Up Review

I am such a make-up addict, it's really become a problem. Before I vowed to become a frugalista, I would buy a make-up product just because the packaging was pretty. I know, I'm crazy.

Although I've come a long way from being an obsessive make-up collector to a buy-what-you-only-need shopper, I still get the itch to look around for new products. To keep in line with my frugal lifestyle, I will scrounge the internet for the best deals and samples instead. Now, I have to tell you how much that has paid off  for me. Through my endless effort in searching for deals, I landed a little gig to review some AMAZING make-up products from Abbamart.com. If you know anything about me and my little obsessive make-up habits, you can only imagine how excited I was to be able to do this. After quick emails back and forth, my products arrived in my mailbox in all its glory. I'm sure you can guess what happened next...

I ripped open the little yellow bubble mailer and unveiled my products. *GASP* Such cute little packaging and pretty colors.

Here's what I received:

From left to right:
-Belleme Lip and Cheek Cream in Evening Sun
-Lip Tint in Poppin' Coral
-Toray Face Highlighting Brush

I tried the lip tint first and was and still am very impressed with how well it works.


Because it is a lip tint rather than a gloss, the consistency is a little different and is much more runny. The little brush allows for a very smooth and accurate application. Once it was applied to my lips, there was a nice, cool sensation. Unlike other tints that do not have any form of moisture once it dries, this one actually dried nice and smooth and kept my lips soft. The best part about this lip tint was that the color stayed put even after eating and drinking. I absolutely loved that about this because I didn't have to worry about reapplying. Another thing I was impressed by was its scent. It had a sweetness to it but wasn't at all overwhelming. This was definitely an added bonus. The verdict: It's definitely worth buying.

The lip and cheek cream was used the next day.

 


I loved the packaging for this one. It almost had a vintage feeling to it which I really love. I was never really a big fan of cream colors because it doesn't seem to like to stay on for very long during the day. I applied this cream to both my lips and my cheeks. It doesn't come with an application pad or a brush so I used my fingers it worked just fine. It was smooth to the touch and because of this, I was able to spread the color on my cheeks nice and evenly. I've tried cream colors in the past and the one thing I didn't like about them was the fact that it was so hard to apply because it either dried too quickly or simply wasn't smooth enough to spread out evenly. This particular one was quick and easy. This color gave my cheeks a nice, subtle glow that wasn't pink and harsh. It really just highlighted and brightened my face rather than made my face look heavy with makeup. After applying it to my cheeks, I applied it to my lips. My lips have natural color in them so it altered the color of the cream and I wasn't too happy with how it looked. I did, however, like that it was soft and smooth like a lip balm. I ended up wiping it off of my lips not because I didn't like it, but because my lips altered the color way too much and it didn't seem to compliment my face at all. I figured that it looked really good on my cheeks so I'll use it as my go-to blush instead. Towards the conclusion of my day, the color on my cheeks stayed pretty noticeable with the slight exception that it lightened just a tad. I blame this mostly on the fact that my face gets a little oily during the day and it will sometimes cause the color on my cheeks to run and eventually get wiped off. I was very impressed with how long it stayed on without reapplication. At the end of the day, the verdict on this is: Worth buying if you want convenience. It's a lip and cheek color in one so you won't have to worry about carrying around both. Just because this color didn't work on my lips, doesn't mean it won't on yours.

The third day after,  put my brush to the test.


I thought it was the sweetest and most adorable thing that it came in a gift wrap that had "You are beautiful" handwritten on it. It was a nice and thoughtful touch.

I'm really quite picky about my brushes because my face gets irritated very quickly. If the bristles are too rough, I tend to get little red bumps from irritation from it. When this one came out of the package, the first thing I noticed was its size. I liked that it was small enough to put in a make-up pouch but big enough to hold comfortably. The brush itself is incredibly soft and it felt so nice to the touch. I also liked that the brush was angled. This allowed me to apply my blush and bronzer in the exact areas that I intended them to be. The angle also helped me to highlight parts of my face such as the bridge of my now and underneath my cheekbones with ease. One prominent thing about the brush that had me really impressed was the fact the bristles did not fall out as I was using it. This led me to truly believe that I was using a higher-end brush. But, when went to check out the price for it on the website, I was amazed at how inexpensive it was. It really couldn't get any better than that. All in all, the verdict for the brush: Well worth the price you pay for it and more. You won't feel so bad if it gets ruined somehow because the price is so reasonable.

I am so happy to have found Abbamart because they have truly turned me into a devoted customer. The prices are so incredibly reasonable that it allows me to still be a frugalista without compromising quality.

If this review hasn't convinced you to try this out yet, maybe this 10% discount will. The wonderful people of Abbamart is now offering my readers an exclusive discount when you click on the banner below. Try their products out for yourself and I'm sure you'll be as impressed as I am. I know I'll be a returning customer, and hopefully you will be, too!

Hurry and take up this incredible offer now! Simply click the image to automatically get 10% off your total!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...